Friday, August 20, 2010

ULTIMATE FRUIT BOWL!

Of all the 'things and stuff' we eat in the summer, is there anything better than a huge bowl of fresh fruit? I think not!

Sami was going to an Accadian swimming party the other day and her food assignment (actually, my food assignment!) was fruit. It was an incredibly hot day and I knew there was no way the fruit would last in the sun. Then inspiration hit!! I had this giant serving bowl in the attic left from some event. I filled the bottom of the bowl with ICE, covered the ice with a layer of plastic wrap to keep the fruit out of the water and then layered in the fruit! Beautiful melons, two kinds of grapes, giant juicy strawberries! I added some wedges of lime for color (and to complement the honey dew) and then finished it off with sprigs of fresh lemon mint from the herb garden. Delicious and easy, but it looked great too. The fruit stayed cold and I heard that the party rocked! I also heard that there was not a tiny piece of fruit left-- it was cold and juicy to the last bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment