Wednesday, August 11, 2010

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MY LOVE!

Dear Suzie;
Twenty eight years! Wow! What a trip it has been! We are the greatest team and together we have proven that anything is possible. Oh, the 'things and stuff' we have done over the years...
We have traveled far and wide, but at times we have preferred to stay close to home. Who but the best of friends and lovers could spend a vacat
ion traveling around the valley searching for the best sugar cookies available.
We have lived a beautiful and blessed life. We have created a beautiful home and a beautiful family, built great careers and lasting friendships. But most of all we have created a love that will last forever. As you like to point out, we have at least thirty more productive years. It has been a great journey so far... imagine how many great things the future holds.
I love you.

Michael


The flowers on our wedding day were lavender roses so it shouldn't surprise you knowing how we are in our house about traditions that the flower tradition goes on every year. Lavender roses to celebrate the passing of another year together! And to celebrate the fact that we actually survived another year!

This beautiful arrangement is from Every Blooming Thing (and stuff?) in Salt Lake City.



And what did Suzie give me in return? Some-'thing' that I am 'passionate' about....

....a lavender SUGAR COOKIE that is bigger than my head! I have always said that you should not eat anything bigger than your head, but I think this time I am going to make an exception!

This cookie is from Cutler's in Bountiful. (www.cutlerscookies.com). In the search for the best sugar cookie, Cutler's is VERY high on the list. I am still not ready to post the results of the quest, but I am getting close. There are a couple of cookies I need to test again to be sure I have made the right decision.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary to two of my favorite people! I love you guys so much and I'm so thankful that you decided to have a dinner party all those years ago to meet the neighbors. My life is so much better for the influence you have had on my life! I love you!
    PS ~ I can't wait for the sugar cookie verdict.

    ReplyDelete