Thursday, November 15, 2012

THANKSGIVING CUPBOARDS...

I love a lot of 'things and stuff' about fall... I love the colors,  I love the food, I love the nip in the air and the fact that you have to wear a sweatshirt to be comfortable... There are lots of 'things' to love. What do you love about fall?

 The kitchen cabinets have made their transition into fall for just a brief period before they get caught up in the Christmas spirit...  Just thought I would share.

 Gourds, autumn leaves and of course, Pilgrims.

 This is Butternut. He is not really a Thanksgiving decoration, but we figured if he was going to live on the counter he should at least have a 'fall-ish' name. Butternut is with us because he was the sole survivor of Frankenstein's Laboratory from Halloween. I wanted to put fish in the big lab cylinders for Halloween but I made the mistake of buying the twenty eight cent goldfish at Walmart and they didn't even survive the day; luckily I bought Butternut at the same time but he was $2.10. I guess it just shows that you get what you pay for....

  This is where Butternut lives, along with the Beta's... Katniss (the Fish on Fire) and Batman.

 I have mentioned in the past that I like to do something in the entry for each holiday, so this is the presentation for Thanksgiving. The grouping of pictures on the wall are all vintage reproductions of Thanksgiving prints. My intention had been to sell them but I got a late start so I used them here.

  It is amazing what you can do with a little silver spray paint! I turned these ugly metal gourds into something you might see at one of the high end retailers...

This is the centerpiece on the table. It is a continual reminder that we should give thanks for all we have... not just this time of year, but all through the year.

HAPPY THANKGIVING!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment