Thursday, August 16, 2012

FRESH SQUEEZED ANYONE?

So, I was making home made raspberry ice cream on Sunday for Deni's birthday party. I had all the "stuff" together and had already done most of the "things" like pureed the raspberries (so delicious and fresh) and added the sugar. Next step was to add the citrus. The recipe says you can use juice from concentrate but I think it is far better to use fresh squeezed juice. I set the "stuff" on the counter and -wow- it was really a pretty nice looking still life composition. Luckily I always have a camera close by.....

 Did you know that citrus reamers have been around for over two hundred years? The original reamers were really messy; but the saucer on the bottom wasn't added until the early 1900's. Unfortunately reamers became almost obsolete in 1940 when concentrated juices were introduced. Most reamers are now only available at thrift stores and tag sales.
Mine is vintage 1950.

The light was perfect! Perhaps if life ever slows down I will put this on canvas!


Happy juicing!


 

1 comment: