Monday, March 12, 2012

WHAT'S FOR DINNER TONIGHT? #1

So, I was browsing through Pinterest the other day and saw a recipe on SimplyReem.com for Japanese Soba noodles that looked amazing so I decided to try it out. It didn't just look amazing, it was amazing. I made some additions and changes to the original recipe for my family but it was defiantly a "do again"! You should try it out... the recipe is below.

SOBA NOODLES WITH SWEET GINGER SCALLION SAUCE
2 12 oz. packages of Soba Noodles
4 TBSP sesame seeds lightly toasted
1 cucumber thinly jullienned
Lime wedges
2 chicken breasts, baked or grilled, thinly sliced ( I added this for protein)

FOR SAUCE
2 bunches of scallions finely chopped to make 2 cups
2 TBSP minced ginger
4 eggs, scrambled (I also added this because I like eggs in Pad Thai)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 TBSP minced garlic (adjust to your taste)
6 TBSP oil (like peanut or grape seed)
4 tsp chili oil
2 TBSP soy sauce
4 TBSP rice vinegar
4 TBSP honey

METHOD

Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside for 10-15 minutes to let the flavors develop. The soy takes the moisture out of the scallions and creates a really nice sauce.
Boil the Soba noodles per the package instructions.
Add the sauce and sesame seeds to the noodles and toss well.
Plate the noodles up into individual servings. Top with slices of chicken, julienne cucumber and a couple wedges of lime.

This recipe is good served hot or cold.

Fresh ingredients add to the flavor of good food! Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment